Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In With The Old, Week Sixteen


Dew Drops (August 2007)

Two macro images taken at the Brigantine Division of the Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge. It was early in the morning and I was waiting for some friends when I spotted these mushrooms behind the small visitor center. Here are links to larger versions of the top and bottom images. I liked the form of the drops and how they sparkled in the early light of dawn.

Another image of this set was accepted on Bug Guide, a site where you can post your North American insect images and have the little beasties identified. I've had six images accepted into the permanent collection on this site.

8 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

The pearls of water on the top image were outstanding, well done.

Chesney said...

These are very cool - outstanding! congrats on the other images!

Kerri said...

Wow! These are great! They look like perfect little pearls! You had me guessing as I clicked through from my feed reader as to what I was actually seeing.

Heather said...

Beautiful! The drops look like glass beads. Stunning.

Clara said...

These are great. The details are stunning.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shot. It looks like pearls tightly packed. Well done.
Cathy

mljrbg said...

Great photograph. The dew drops look like little glass balls.

Congratulations on your images being added to the permanent collection on Bug Guide. That's quite an honor.

Anonymous said...

Very cool macro - and congrats on having your photos accepted by Bug Guide!