Saturday, April 11, 2009


Water Lilly (July 2006)

I was a dreary rainy day today, and I spent most of it doing my taxes (good news, I'm getting a refund. Bad news, I already spent it (on my new camera, a Canon 50D, my 20D had an accident in Mexico)).  So I thought an image with a bit a color would be nice to take my mind off taxes and rain, and get me thinking of spring. So I picked (pun!) this one out of the archives. It was taken at Longwood Gardens on a very very hot summer day. 

If anyone knows what species this is please let me know in the comments. Thanks.

8 comments:

lijola said...

Great colors - very bright.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

What better than a brilliant blossom to drive away those two Drearies.

Kerri said...

I love water lilies! They burst out with so many colors!

Mike said...

Exceptionally vivid colors. What a beautiful flower. Sadly I'm clueless when it comes to flowers. It's a pretty flower or it's a weed. Sometimes I think weeds are flowers.

Happy Easter!

Rachel said...

A bit of color? It's stunning!

Chesney said...

This is much better than taxes I do have to say, and WOW, spectacular!

mljrbg said...

Gorgeous flower. I love the color and the shaprness. The lighting is exquisite.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Dazzling color!