Tuesday, April 28, 2009





I know, it's been done before. Three more lightning images (I took 107!) from the storm on the last night of the Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe State Park in Maryland. There were actually two storms. One passed to the north of us and one to the south. All of my images are of the southern storm as it was still too light when the northern storm went by. At the star party camp site we had cloudy skies but no rain. 

As I mentioned in the comments for the Risky theme image my lightning images are 30 second exposures at f/10 at a variety of focal lengths using a Canon 24 - 105 mm L lens mounted on a Canon 50D on a fixed tripod. This technique only works if you are at a dark site (or if the power goes out!) thanks to the lack of ambient light.

6 comments:

Chesney said...

You really did get not one but tons of awesome shots! wow!

Sunny said...

Stunning power in each image. Just amazing. Well done!
(And thank you for the technique in photographing, as well.)

Anonymous said...

Um, gorgeous, is about all I can say. :-)

Rachel said...

All of your lightning shots are absolutely beautiful.

Linda S said...

Wonderful shots--very impressive

Anonymous said...

Cool shots, I wish we got more lightening around here so I could practice.