Wednesday, June 2, 2021

It's Gotta Be The Bees

In April I received the following letter back in April.

Now, I know we've been planting quite a few native plants these past few years. And the deer fence has helped tremendously. 


The Census of Agriculture. Yep, it really is a thing. Apparently it happens every five years. Which means we should have received a letter like this five years ago.

We didn't.

So how did we get on whatever list these folks used?

It took me awhile to figure it out. Really, I found it quite puzzling. And only when I found this letter on a pile of papers on my desk this week did it hit me. It had to have been the Honey Bees.

In New Jersey you can register your bee hives, so various government agencies know not to spray your yard for various undesirable insects, like gypsy moths or mosquitos.

Our bee keeping ended after one season (and I told the registry people such). Our place on some list lingers on.

No comments: