Thursday, July 16, 2020

Sorry, the Kayak is Being Used

So, Patty and I decided to go kayaking Wednesday evening. Our friend Terry had showed Patty a nice stretch of river in the Pines, and Patty thought I'd enjoy it. A nice relaxing paddle after a day's work.

The Carolina Wrens had a different idea.

As I was taking the kayak off the rack I noticed a bunch of vegetation behind the seat.

This.



At first I though it was left overs from last year, when we found a Wren nest under similar circumstances. I was heartbroken at the thought of dead birds from last year.

And then they started moving.


I had pulled the nest out of the kayak. I showed it to Patty, took a couple of shots, put the kayak back up on the rack, and Patty restored the nest.

No kayaking that night. Fortunately Terry has a kayak we can borrow. I hope there are no birds in it.

No comments: