Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Yard Critter - Flat-Faced Longhorn Beetle

Saperda imitans.

A somewhat rare, as per BugGuide, beetle. This one came to our mothing sheet in May.


The website, American Insects, does not even show it as being in New Jersey.* And BugGuide has only three images from New Jersey, including mine.


You might think that given all the free time I have these days I'd have gotten around to this critter much sooner. I think that too. But here we are in October. I have just way too many pictures to get to.


And I would not have even paid attention to this beetle if not for Ann-Marie Woods pointing out the critters hitching a ride on this beetle. Thanks Ann-Marie.

🐞  🦂  🐞  🦂  🐞

You can find all of the Yard Critter posts listed here.

~~~~~~~~~~~
* I sent them an email to update their range map, and they replied that it is now on the to do list for the site. 

No comments: