Friday, November 19, 2010

Lens Envy

I'm going hunting this weekend.

For eagles and ducks and swans and whatever else may wander in front of my camera.

And I'll have a big lens.


The first stop is Conowingo Dam to photograph eagles.

And I'll be taking along some major glass.

I went last year around this time and lamented my lack of focal length.

I won't be this year.

In front is a Canon 100-400 mm IS L, my workhorse birding lens. The rear camera sports a Canon 500 mm IS L lens, which I've got for the week. As you can see, it is slightly larger.

But it is just a temporary thing. And a week from now I'll be back to just my little lens.

You can visit your favorite camera store and find out why I own the former and only rent the latter.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Wish I had the money to rent one - Rich Boy Bragger! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to these pictures....and what it it about boys and their BIG toys?? :)

Louis Dallara Photography said...

WOW you will have the big guns! I'll be hiding out..