Sunday, April 24, 2016

Yard Work

In our mini-meadow we had a weeping cherry tree. This non-native species was planted by the previous owners of the property. This morning Patty decided that it had to go. I was already out pulling out other non-native and invasive plants along the side of the front yard, so I added this one to the list.

Image Courtesy Patty Rehn
So after I finished pulling out all of the vines and shrubs that didn't belong, and got myself some poison ivy., I moseyed on over, pushed the tree back and forth a few times and yanked it out.

It was a small tree with short roots. Came out a lot easier than I expected.

I'm making space for all this stuff:


Which we bought yesterday at the Pinelands Preservation Alliance's native plant sale. Hopefully it is not just expensive deer food.

Time to get digging ...

No comments: