Wednesday, May 6, 2009

365 Theme 46: Chalk or Chalkboards


I went to the "Dinosaur Museum" last Sunday with my sister and her family. My nephew calls it the Dinosaur Museum and has a great time on each visit. One of the things I found interesting is that immediately adjacent to the Dinosaur Hall is a prep room where the scientists and staff work on actual fossils. I don't know this young lady's name, but she was working on a fossil while we were there . I don't think it was part of the Titanosaur trove that had just arrived at in Philadelphia (it had been on the news the night before). 

The Titanosaur is the second largest dinosaur found. The Academy has the distinction of twice finding the number two dinosaur. And as a Drexel Alum I find it cool that my school was involved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool to be able to see where the scientists work...

Chesney said...

Way cool! I can't believe all the details on that board - I guess I would be afraid someone would come along and erase it!

Anonymous said...

Perfect use for a chalkboard - and the addition of the student makes the photo! I like the colors in this one, too.