Saturday, January 18, 2020

Better Bird Photo of the Week

There was a bit of snow today, so the feeders seemed more attractive no doubt. And one Fox Sparrow was here all morning, even before the snow.


And later in the day, when I was out wandering (and it was snowing), Patty saw three in the feeder garden. Seems they are around, so perhaps there is plenty of food in the woods.

Good to know it's not the deer fence.


The joint was jumping this morning. With White-throated Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos, American Goldfinch and even a House Sparrow!


And earlier, before I even got out of bed, we saw two Pileated Woodpeckers. I spotted one out the bedroom window while enjoying my morning coffee (still in bed) while at the same time Patty had one out the kitchen window getting herself some coffee.

Very cool.

And a bit later, I was in the living room now, I spied a Brown Creeper, first of the year.


Amazing what a little bit of snow will do.

No comments: