Friday, September 23, 2016

Another Fish

This one slightly larger then that in my last fish post.

Image Courtesy Andy Murch/Big Fish Expeditions

Well, actually quite a bit larger, dwarfing Patty as she swims alongside.

I too got up close and personal with a few of these magnificent creatures.


We were twenty-five or so miles off the coast of Isla Mujeres, Mexico, in a little boat. Our captain would maneuver the boat so that when we jumped off we were in the path of the Whale Shark.

In this case quite close to the shark when I splashed in.


This one passing directly below me as it swam by.


Did I mention it was quite close?


I had to a bit of maneuvering on my own to avoid a collision.


Not as graceful as the shark, I was forced to grab its tail as it swam by, to avoid a nice smack.


Exhilarating.

No comments: