Monday, August 15, 2016

Flashing

Sunrise at Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.


Taken on the morning of April 6th, 2012.


With flashes of green.


Hints of blue.


And flashes of red.


I have an app on my iPhone, The Photographer's Ephemeris, which shows me the azimuth of the sun, very helpful when shooting the sunrise. So I got up early. Used the compass on my iPhone to aim the camera. Checked my settings. And waited.


And when I saw the first bit of sun appear on the horizon I started shooting.  And kept shooting.

I stopped 533 images later.


It took me a while, but I finally got around to processing these images (only four years; I've older images I still haven't gotten to). And I combined them all into a short video showing the entire sunrise. I hope you like it.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

For more on the green, blue, and red flashes see Les Cowley's discussion at his Atmospheric Optics site. For much more (and I mean "much") see Andrew T. Young's green flash site.

No comments: