Saturday, January 23, 2016

Grackles

In the previous post I mentioned that we had over two hundred birds in the yard at one point. Mostly grackles.


Common grackles to be specific.


And this is what 200+ common grackles look like in our yard.


The sharp eyed among you will see that there are also red-winged blackbirds and brown-headed cowbirds mixed in the flock (along with the twenty plus other species we had visiting our feeders today).


But the majority were grackles.


Bigafy the image below and look at all the black birds in the trees.


~~~~~~~~~~

This is a shot I took earlier this month, two miles from our home, one morning on my way to work.


There are huge flocks in the area. I've driven passed flocks that stretch for over a quarter mile along his road.

I wonder where the rest of them were today?

No comments: