Monday, November 10, 2008

We Interrupt This Challenge ...

Hummingbird Garden

Leaves and Branches

Foggy Meadow

Chicory Flower

Northern Cardinal

The NJ Audubon Society's Rancocas Nature Center is a mere eight miles from my home and over the years I've wandered the trails and taken my share of images. This month they are having a photo exhibition and they asked their visitors to submit up to five images. These are the five I chose.

NJ is the most densely populated state in the US. Most people are familiar with the industrial corridor of the NJ Turnpike, which connects Philadelphia and New York City. But if you cross the state in the other direction, from the Delaware Water Gap in the highlands, through the Pinelands and on down to Cape May, you'll learn why NJ is called the Garden State.

But there are many pressures on these undeveloped spaces. The NJ Audubon Society is one of a number of groups dedicated to preserving what is left of the wilderness in NJ. And I am glad to support them with both as a volunteer and as a member.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all beautiful shots. I'm one of those people who has only seen your state from the expressway. One day, maybe, I'll get to see it's natural offerings...

Kerri said...

These are really nice shots. I especially like the hummingbird and the foggy meadow.