Friday, December 19, 2008





Here are three examples of rock art in Canyon de Chelly. (Another example can be found in the Fingers theme.)

These images themselves aren't exceptional. But the content they depict is fascinating. Hundreds or even thousands of years ago someone not unlike me stood in much the spots I did and made these images in the rock wall. These artists and I are separated by time and culture. But here I am doing much the same thing. Posting my images on my culture's wall. Although I expect mine will be much more transient.

I'd love to be able to go back in time, meet these artists, and talk shop. Arguing the merits of chisel and rock versus Photoshop and blogs. I'm sure we'd get along just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your analogy of posting your images on your culture's wall. Very apropos...