Monday, December 22, 2008



This is an image of a postcard I have hanging in my living room. The image on the postcard was taken by a true gentlemen by the name of Roy Bishop. I had a great pleasure of meeting Roy in June of 2004, when I, along with with several friends, traveled to Nova Scotia to view the Transit of Venus. Alas, we saw only clouds, but thanks in large part to Roy's hospitality we had a great time never-the-less.

The postcard shows a rainbow over a farmhouse. But not just any farmhouse. This farmhouse is the birthplace of Sir Isaac Newton. It was Newton who first figured out how the colors of the rainbow manifest themselves, via his experiments with prisms. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shared that with my 11-year-old and he said "cool"! I think so too...