Saturday, October 16, 2021

The Not a Warbler Show

My Mom hates squirrels.


I wonder how the birds feel.

🐿  🐿  🐿  🐿  🐿

In my younger days, growing up, a squirrel or squirrels, chewed through the fuel line of my Mom's car while it was parked in the driveway. Dad's car, parked right next to it, was left untouched. And then, when my parents were redoing the kitchen, squirrels had nested in the attic. This in itself was a bad thing (talk radio blasted from a boom box got them to leave, but the damage was done). And one day, when the walls had been removed from the kitchen, a squirrel came crashing down from the attic, onto the kitchen counter, just as my Grandmother was making her breakfast. The resulting commotion, and screams, ensured everyone else was awake that morning.

The squirrel wasn't all that happy either.

No comments: