Saturday, February 6, 2016

Another Snow Day

Remember that blizzard I posted about? I know, it was so long ago, almost two full weeks!

All that snow had melted away, two feet of snow gone in less than two weeks.

So imagine my surprise when I awoke Friday morning to see this out my window.


Everything covered in snow. Wondrous.

The forecast had been for rain, and when we went to bed Thursday night it had been drizzling.


But now it was fantabulous out. I wanted to stay home, wander in our woods, and photograph all morning.

Alas, I had to go to work.

Unlike these Robins ...



... who took over the crabapple tree as I watched, enchanted with the beauty of the scene.


All these birds (I count 32 robins in this tree alone) got to play in the yard while I had to go to work. What's the point of having a home in the country if you can't enjoy it on magical days like this?

No comments: