Friday, January 22, 2010

Two Weeks From Today ...

I, and others like me from across the country and around the world, begin what for many of us has become an annual journey; a migration south each February, to a very specific location at the bottom of the east coast of the United States.

Stop over points for me include the everglades, home of wooded streams ...

... and sawgrass prairie (backlit at sunset with the Belt of Venus).

Then onward to the final destination, West Summerland Key, which is curiously located east of Summerland Key.


Where I'll join up with a dozen or so club mates and 500 other like mind souls at the Winter Star Party. Where after the sun goes down plenty of other stars come up. And we'll spend our nights gazing up (or down through the eye pieces of our telescopes) in amazement and wonder.

I can't wait.

-----------
Images from previous trips can be found here.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Have fun! Wave as you drive through Atlanta! :) I look forward to seeing the photos!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful location. Have a great time Steve!

terricreates said...

Sounds like a great trip, I am sure you'll get lots of great shots, but I am looking forward to your star shots. Have fun.