Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gone Fishing






I need a bigger faster lens.

I went with my friend Laura to Conowingo Dam in northern Maryland. (You can read about it here.) The reason the eagles like the place is the good fishing (humans like the fishing there too).

As you can see, I got a number of images of eagles with fish. But upon further study you'll notice two things about these images. The eagles are small, even though I cropped the images. And not one is of an eagle actually catching a fish.

Like I said, I need a bigger faster lens. You think Santa reads my blog?

7 comments:

Debra said...

It would be nice if Santa was reading our blogs. However I think you caught some cool shots.

Ron a.k.a. Danudin said...

Regardless Steve some wonderful shots and memories for you, I use a 70-300mm lens for these type of shots and nothing could make me give it up. Love Raptors.

BobbieCoughlin said...

Rumor has it that Tammy is giving out lenses...but even without one, those shots are stunning.

Kerri said...

Hmm, if Santa's reading, I better mention a couple of lenses myself! ;)

These are fun shots, nonetheless!

Chesney said...

These turned out wonderful (even without your lens)....if you find out that santa is reading your blog let us all know, I know I have an order to put in...

LauraHinNJ said...

Um... whenever you're ready to trade up...

:-)

Anonymous said...

I hope Santa reads your blog but meanwhile these are swell.