Sunday, October 19, 2008



1776 Style. This is an "original copy" of one of the most important political documents in US  history. "Original copy" means s copy made at the same time as the original. This is one of a number of documents that rotate into and out of the exhibit.

This was a vary hard image to get. The display is small and people crowd around to see the documents (draft versions of the constitution with editors notes and sections crossed out were also on display). The display itself and the room it is in are both very dark, and flash photography is not permitted. I used an 50 mm 1.4 lens wide open, which resulted in a shallow depth of field as seen by the increasingly blurry text across the document. Shooting digital was a great help here as I was able to take as many shots as I liked and I could check the sharpness on the monitor. I took over twenty shots to get this image.

No comments: