Monday, October 6, 2008



That famous one in San Francisco.

I was driving back form Muir woods (theme 164 Tall) when I came out of the tunnel just north of the bridge, and found it shrouded in fog. I quick took the exit to the viewing area to get a shot while there was still light. I was not successful. The fog rolled in as I was setting up my camera and the bridge disappeared before my eyes. 

The viewing area on the north side is above the bridge. As I drove back down to Highway 101 the bridge came back into view, still enveloped in fog as I had seen it earlier. But there was nowhere to pull over and take the shot.

As I paid my toll on the south side I asked if there was anywhere I could pull over and take some pictures. The attendant directed me to exit on the right which went under the bridge to a parking area set up for tourists like me. I was now below the bridge and the fog and able to take the shot. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that is fantastic! A unique view of the much photographed Golden Gate Bridge. Glad you persevered.

Linda Judd said...

You worked so hard for this picture, and it paid off in a beautifully composed and lit photo. Very unusual and appealing to the eye.