Sunday, May 15, 2016

... And Imagined ...


As a gift, Patty got us tickets to Cirque Du Soleil's "Ovo", playing this week in Philadelphia.

(I texted the above shot out and my sister-in-law Kim texted back, "you better hope whatever laid that egg doesn't come back ...")

The show was quite fun. The theme was "insects" and the performers were all insects: ants, grasshoppers, bees, spiders, etc.

Here the ants are jugging with their feet.


They even juggled each other. Very impressive.

This couple were spectacular and perhaps my favorites.


They performed hand holding each other and without a net.

They all must be incredibly strong, but this guy:


On a moving tightrope was to me the strongest. I did gymnastics in high school and know what it takes to do a hand stand on a stationary bar. Doing it on a flexible rope? Wow. Just wow.

And then it was over.


The performance lasted about two hours, not counting a twenty minute intermission.


I've seen Cirque several times in Las Vegas, and the productions there seemed more lavish. No doubt due to the larger spaces and not having to move the entire set from city to city.

But as I said it was quite fun and we both enjoyed the show. Had I known photography was permitted (no flash or video) I would have brought something other than my phone. And I might have gotten some action shots. Next time ...

No comments: