Sunday, June 26, 2016

Poults

At the end of this post I said I would be watching, camera at the ready.

And I haven't seen them in the yard since.


But the trail cam did. And got this shot of mom above; and mom with chicks below.


The two shots above are form June 16th. The shots below are from the 20th.




I'm not sure if it is the same family of birds each day. As I'm at the mercy of the camera's field of view. So the varying number of chicks may or may not be significant.

Now while I've not see any Wild Turkey poults in our yard, I have see them in the neighborhood.

I went for a walk this morning and saw this in a neighbor's yard:


Mom with some number of poults. And on the other side of the hedges was another adult female with some more chicks. So it may be the case that the trail cam has imaged different families passing through our yard.

And as I continued my walk I saw even more poults. Methinks there will be plenty of Turkeys wandering about the area come fall. The trail cam will be busy.

No comments: