Wednesday, November 15, 2017

For Very Small Values of "Best"

While sitting on the living room couch watching TV (Highly Questionable to be specific) the motion sensitive light came on in the side yard. A common occurrence around this time of night that usually means a Virginia Opossum has come to call.

But not this night.

This night brought a new yard mammal.

A Gray Fox.


It did not stay long, pacing back and forth outside our living room, looking into the dark, away from us. And then gone. I had no time to get a 'real' camera, and used what I had, my iPhone. It was dark and the beast was in constant motion. And thus I got a bunch of crappy images. As I had my iPhone in 'live picture' mode it took a short video with each image. And the image you see here is a single frame extracted form that video, which is of much lower resolution than the associated still image. And this is the best such frame. Like the title says, a very small value of "best".

But it is still proof that we saw it. And should it come back I'll be ready with a 'real' camera. I hope.

No comments: