Sunday, August 2, 2015

Baby Turkeys

The other morning while out feeding the fish something large flew by, toward the back of the yard. "What was that?" I thought. Although I spotted the bird running away after landing, I was still confused as to what it might be. The size was all wrong.


But after the initial confusion (perhaps aided by the fact I'd not yet had any coffee?) I was able to ID it as a baby turkey (It helped that I spotted mom). Then another flew out of the garden landing next to, but then running past, mom. Not yet a graceful lander. And they then vanished off into the back woods.


I went out the next morning, this time with camera, but the only garden visitor was a bunny.

Today I spotted these five, two adults and three young, outside the kitchen window. I quick grabbed the camera and got em.

No comments: