Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Challenge

I first mentioned Rachel and her Summer Challenge at the end of this post about quail hunting. This year's Challenge is to hike to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite.

From Rachel's announcement email:


This year, I will be climbing Half Dome (http://www.yosemitehikes.com/yosemite-valley/half-dome/half-dome.htm) in Yosemite National Park in California with wonderful people in my life including my dear cousin Jaclyn, neighbor Susan, and adventurous Philly friends Patty and Marie. 

This challenge takes me back to a magical place I first visited with my family as a kid and have returned to repeatedly with friends. If you have been to Yosemite, you know. If you haven’t, go soon! It is incredibly gorgeous and powerful.


It was Patty that suggested the Half Dome hike for the Challenge. It is an "incredibly gorgeous and powerful" place. And like Rachel one I've visited multiple times. My most recent visit was Patty's first and it was a scouting trip for the Half Dome hike.

On our second day there we did a easy two mile hike to the top of Sentinel Dome, which is on the road to Glacier Point.

Here is Patty on Sentinel Dome.


Here's what she is pointing to.


It doesn't look too bad does it?

Her's Patty pointing to Half Dome from down in Yosemite Valley. Which is where the hike starts from.


That's a long way up!

~~~~~~~~~~

To learn more about the Challenge 
and how you can help raise money to combat 
Parkinson's Disease please visit Rachel's Challenge site.




2 comments:

Louis Dallara Photography said...

Awesome photos, they make me want to travel to Yosemite. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Very cool.